The main issues facing mediascapes used for dramatic purposes seem to me to be those of CONTENT and QUALITY, or, what is being shown/told and what are its production values?
So I am not so much concerned with what the technology can do, and how, but whether it can engage different audiences and what sorts of narratives it can put over.
The following ‘scape families are some of those indicated under that banner. Some are in the process of development, others are merely kites or phantasmorgasms (hmmm, does that word exist? On-line dictionary says it's 'a band from Denver, Colorado in the '90s'. Fine, it'll do.)
- MORE OVERLAPZ
- LITERARY TOURS
- LITERARY/SCIENTIFIC/LOCAL MYTHOLOGY ETC TOURS
- AUTHENTIC HISTORICAL RE-ENACTMENT
- BOOK ADAPTATIONS
- VOICE OF THE GODDESS
- musical journeys: travelling thru' musical landscapes
- experimentalia in ‘overlapZ'
- philosophical journeys: travelling thru' philosophy
- theological journeys: travelling thru' theology
- (The Romantic Poets, for example the founder Romantic poets Wordsworth & Coleridge, instigated the concept of ‘composing from Nature in Nature', that is to say, they were ‘locative poets')
- A series of my Bristol-related poems in appropriate locations (College Green, the Frome Valley Walk etc)
- My Mendip poem (a locative poem composed for the Mendips AONB): "From Winscombe to Priddy Nine Barrows"
- My completion of Coleridge's ‘Christabel' - "(The Completed) Christabel": I. along The Coleridge Way across the Quantocks; II. In Nether Stowey; III. For a ‘Coleridge Bench'
- Invite other poets to write locative poems
- POEMSCAPE BRISTOL (for Bristol Poetry Festival '09)
- Bristol literary tour
- Other literary tours
- Ghost & supernatural tours
- Coleridge lit tour of the Lake District
LITERARY/SCIENTIFIC/LOCAL MYTHOLOGY ETC TOURS
- The Coleridge Way
- The Jurassic Coast
- Of the Cross
- In Japan:
- oku no hosomichi (The Narrow Road to the Interior)
AUTHENTIC HISTORICAL RE-ENACTMENT
- fractured narrative (non- and anti-narrative)
VOICE OF THE GODDESS
(vocalizing the hidden voice of the Land)
- Talking stones
- Cerne Abbas giant
- Stanton Drew
- Swallet holes (Mendips)
- Game + endurance + geo-caching (team events)
- Biometric triggers
Categories will be individually treated in further blogs