Do you or your organisation have a question about how to use digital communication technologies that you would like a room full of experts to workshop for free?
Are there people you feel you could engage with in new ways with these new technologies? A campaign you want to support? A service you wish to provide? An idea you can envisage? A change you want to encourage?
On December 15th, iShed is launching Media Sandbox 2009, its second R&D commissioning scheme supporting research into emerging technologies. We will have a room full of experienced programmers, designers, academics, project and business managers, artists, writers, innovation people, gamers and other digital media types.
We need some real issues to work on and want to apply ourselves to regional questions. That’s where you come in.
Can you think of something you would like to be ‘workshopped’ on December 15th? For free? Maybe it could become a commissioned project.
A couple of (very high level) examples:
1. How can we design a campaign to engage our target demographic with our message in an innovative way?
2. Our association needs to reach out to a wider group using a mix of technologies. What’s the best way to do it?
We are collecting questions from as wide a range of organisations as possible on our online network in advance of the event. Attendees will be able to see the questions and who they are from and will decide which ones to workshop on the day. We can’t promise your question will be chosen, but it’s worth a try.
You are welcome to pose a question to the group whether you come to the event or not – you are welcome to come to the event naturally, but we understand if you don’t have time (the event is between 2pm and 6pm on December 15th).
To pose a question for the group to work on:
1. Sign up to the Media Sandbox event network:
2. Fill in your profile information – the more the better
3. Post a message to the group by clicking on ‘Messages’
4. Click on ‘Compose’
5. Type ‘question’ into the ‘To’ field
6. Add a brief title in the ‘Subject’ field
7. Add a synoposis of your question in the ‘Message’ field. Please provide as much background as possible, a clear question and desirable outcomes.
If you wish to come to the event, you need to register on our formal registration page: [embed]http://www.mediasandbox.eventbrite.com/
To find out more about Media Sandbox 2009 visit: http://www.mediasandbox.co.uk/