An open call for UK based creative practitioners, who need time and support to develop ideas that blend art with technology.
A Winter Residency (between Jan to March 2022) at Watershed offers funded time out of your regular environment to delve deeper into a creative idea, within a supportive community of practitioners.
We have two residencies available offering:
- 14-days in residence, in person at the Pervasive Media Studio (Bristol) and online
- A bursary of £2,800 (tax inclusive) plus £500 for materials
- A travel bursary to support temporary relocation to Bristol
- The opportunity to focus intensively on the development of an idea
- Tailored critical and technical support
- A hand-picked mentor drawn from the Studio community
- A structured process featuring research blogs, regular catch ups, discussions and sharing events
- A peer community of potential collaborators for current and future projects
The programme will take place in Winter 2022 and we’re flexible about how you structure your time. This is an opportunity to develop an idea, meet incredible people, imagine, share and think.
How to apply
You can apply now through our open call if you are:
- A creative practitioner of any discipline, career stage and background
- You reside (or are planning to reside) in the UK
- You have an idea for an artistic project that blends art with technology, on any theme you want to explore
- Have (at least) 14 days of time to spend with us between January – March 2022
We encourage applications from people that are underrepresented in the creative and culture sector (for example you are from a community that experiences racism, or you are a disabled person (as defined by the Equalities Act in 2010), or you did not go to University or you had free school meals as a child).
You can apply as individuals or groups (although we strongly encourage groups to consider that we have no additional fees available).
The scheme is not aimed at undergraduate students, students in full time education, or those living outside of the UK.
For further information (more about the programme/theme, what we offer, dates and more) please read the Residency Brief, linked below.
If you have any questions or would like to apply in a different format please contact us.
- Your name and postcode
- Your email and phone number
- A short biography
- What is the idea you want to develop?
- Why do you need to be resident at the Pervasive Media Studio to make this work?
- Any relevant links (optional)
The deadline for submissions is Monday 8 November 2021, 10:00 GMT
Ask us questions if you need to
We aim to be as inclusive as possible and work to accommodate all access requirements. We will openly discuss and tailor how we do things to support you as best we can.
Contact us on email@example.com if writing or recordings are not your thing, please don’t be afraid to do this, we are really happy to discuss alternatives that would work better for you.
How we’ll use your details
Watershed will use the information you provide to us to assess and manage your application. We are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold about you. Please refer to our Privacy notice for further information https://www.watershed.co.uk/privacy
Closing Date: Monday, 8 November 2021 - 10:00