On this page
Do get in touch if you would like any of this information, or wish to apply, in another format.
Please do not include your CV as it will not be considered. Please put all relevant information on your application form.
Before you apply
Watershed's first value is Inclusive – we are people led. We listen to and engage with the broadest range of people. The information below lays out some of the steps we are taking to create a more inclusive recruitment process. Many of these steps are new to us, so feedback and questions are very welcome.
You may not have worked in a cultural organisation before, or in an organisation like Watershed. Please still consider applying as many other sectors offer transferable contexts.
If you are from a background that is underrepresented in the culture sector - for example you are from a community that experiences racism or you are a disabled person (as defined by the Equalities Act 2010), or you did not go to University or had free school meals as a child - and you would like support to articulate how your experience is transferable to this role, you can book time with us to discuss it. We will ensure the person you meet is not involved in the recruitment process. Please request this by emailing email@example.com (we will not ask you to disclose your background).
We believe our work will be stronger with greater diversity and welcome applications from those who bring balance to our team. Watershed welcomes the whole person to work, and we understand that each of us brings our experiences, our backgrounds and our own unique lens to what we do. Supporting our staff means they are not appointed to represent specific groups or organisations.
- Deputy Technical Resources Manager
- £29,200 per annum
- Full time, 40 hours a week
- Contract type
- Responsible to
- Technical Resources Manager
- In the building. This post is not suitable for remote working.
Purpose of job
Support and deputise for the Technical Resources Manager (TRM) in the effective delivery of technical services to meet the needs of Watershed’s activities, principally in the cinemas and Waterside event spaces. This is a key operational role which requires excellent communication and co-operation with all key departments and external contacts. You will deputise for the TRM wherever appropriate whilst also working as a member of the team to deliver day-to-day operation.
- Effective operation of equipment to deliver events including the projection room and Waterside event spaces involving digital, 35mm and 16mm projection and data projection; audio systems, and IT equipment.
- Work closely with the TRM to plan operational technical delivery
- Anticipate and input into logistics of scheduling and planning of programmes
- Forward planning and scheduling of the technical team hours within agreed budgets
- Working with the TRM to manage and organise team development and training.
- Develop effective relationships with key personnel across all areas of Watershed
- Ensure all team members adopt safe working practices, conforming to all relevant Health and Safety legislation
- Support the TRM to manage and motivate team members and work as part of the Technical team
- Support the TRM and contribute to project management - plan, organise, and manage resources to bring about the successful technical delivery of the department
- Support the TRM with the maintenance and upkeep of all technical kit.
Key performance indicators
- Delivers effective technical services;
- Effective maintenance and upkeep of technical kit;
- Effectively supports the planning and scheduling of technical staff to ensure consistent programme delivery and smooth technical operation;
- Technical team are motivated, appropriately trained and equipped to effectively deliver organisational technical requirements.
- Internal communication channels are clear and open.
- Delivery of effective health and safety and safe working practices at all times;
- Ensures provision of high quality, good value services and work;
- Develops and manages effective relationships internally and externally;
- Supports the TRM to maintain a proficient and experienced team.
- High level of technical skill specific to theatrical exhibition (from 35mm to DCP projection)
- Working knowledge of technical requirements for events and conferencing including digital mixing desks
- Managerial or supervisory experience
- An understanding of the fundamentals of IP networking, including basic diagnostics, in order to use and support equipment across diverse internal networking
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
We will be holding interviews at Watershed on the below date.
First round interview / presentation (if relevant):
Working at Watershed
Find out more about staff benefits, our values and more about our approach.
Watershed will work with candidates to ensure their access needs are met during the interview process and will ensure access requirements are not a factor in decision making.
Equal opportunities monitoring
We are striving to understand more about who applies to work with us. At the end of the application process we invite you to complete our anonymous equal opportunities monitoring form, which will not be shared with anyone involved in the recruitment process.
At full operation, Watershed is open seven days a week, including Bank Holidays (Christmas Day and Boxing Day are the only exceptions). Watershed is a public building, which operates a diverse range of cultural and commercial activities. The post holder will need to be comfortable working in this environment.
As a registered charity and social enterprise, Watershed has well-established brand values. We seek to apply our values in everything we do and ask staff, partners, suppliers and collaborators to do the same.
Our values are:
- Inclusive: We are people led. We listen to and engage with the broadest range of people.
- Open and Honest: We provide a culture and environment that is trusting, trusted and trustworthy.
- Make things Happen: We approach opportunity and challenge creatively, collaboratively and with a can do attitude.
- Entrepreneurial: We are inventive, try new ideas, experiment, learn and share.
- Celebratory: We celebrate culture, creativity and wonder.
Watershed is a Social Enterprise Mark holder. Social Enterprises are businesses whose products and services create both social and environmental benefits.
Closing Date: Sun 7 August, 17:00