On this page
Do get in touch if you would like any of this information, or wish to apply, in another format.
Please do not include your CV as it will not be considered. Please put all relevant information on your application form.
Before you apply
Watershed's first value is Inclusive – we are people led. We listen to and engage with the broadest range of people. The information below lays out some of the steps we are taking to create a more inclusive recruitment process. Many of these steps are new to us, so feedback and questions are very welcome.
You may not have worked in a cultural organisation before, or in an organisation like Watershed. Please still consider applying as many other sectors offer transferable contexts.
If you are from a background that is underrepresented in the culture sector - for example you are from a community that experiences racism or you are a disabled person (as defined by the Equalities Act 2010), or you did not go to University or had free school meals as a child - and you would like support to articulate how your experience is transferable to this role, you can book time with us to discuss it. We will ensure the person you meet is not involved in the recruitment process. Please request this by emailing email@example.com (we will not ask you to disclose your background).
We believe our work will be stronger with greater diversity and welcome applications from those who bring balance to our team. Watershed welcomes the whole person to work, and we understand that each of us brings our experiences, our backgrounds and our own unique lens to what we do. Supporting our staff means they are not appointed to represent specific groups or organisations.
- Front of House Duty Supervisor
- £11.09 per hour
- Part time
- Contract type
- In the building. This post is not suitable for remote working.
Purpose of job
We are looking for a Front of House Duty Supervisor to oversee front of house activities and support the smooth running of customer facing areas, ensuring the highest level of customer experience is provided at all times. Responsible to the Front of House Duty Managers and the People & Culture Manager, this role is varied, providing support to Box Office, Events, Technical and Cinema teams when required.
- Oversee all public facing areas of Watershed ensuring smooth operation and delivery of excellent customer experience.
- Support Box Office Supervisor by providing front desk cover and assisting with distribution of tickets to customers where required.
- Support events team in delivery of events and conferences.
- Working closely with the technical team and producers to ensure all events are started on time, and to the highest presentation quality.
- Supporting the cinema team by welcoming any guest speakers or partners for public facing events.
- Support the FOH team in managing audiences within the auditoria.
- Ensure effective communication via radio system.
- Work closely with Box Office team to ensure excellent customer experience and smooth operational delivery of all ticketed events.
- Maintain a safe, clean and welcoming environment at all times by monitoring the building and its facilities.
- In the absence of the facilities team, react to and report any maintenance issues that may arise on shift.
- Ensure security of premises whilst on duty, including opening and/or closing of building and all areas within it to protect property, personnel and the public.
- Act as fire warden managing the evacuation in the event of a fire alarm activation.
- Act as duty first aider alongside Café Bar Duty Manager
Key performance indicators
- Duty Management team are well supported by a responsive and flexible approach
- Excellent customer service with positive feedback from clients
- Excellent communication within the team and with all other departments
- Smooth running of departmental activity
- Acts responsibly in an emergency
- Acts in the interest of health and safety of customers and staff
- Proven experience leading teams in a busy, dynamic environment
Excellent Communication Skills
- An ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people
Confident and Assertive
- Demonstrable experience managing challenging situations
Experience working collaboratively within a team to achieve a common goal
Customer Service Experience
Proven experience in a customer focused environment
We will be conducting short interviews with all applicants who meet the essential criteria. A shortlist will then be invited to a longer second interview.
First round interview / presentation (if relevant): -
Second round interview:
Working at Watershed
Find out more about staff benefits, our values and more about our approach.
Watershed will work with candidates to ensure their access needs are met during the interview process and will ensure access requirements are not a factor in decision making.
Equal opportunities monitoring
We are striving to understand more about who applies to work with us. At the end of the application process we invite you to complete our anonymous equal opportunities monitoring form, which will not be shared with anyone involved in the recruitment process.
At full operation, Watershed is open seven days a week, including Bank Holidays (Christmas Day and Boxing Day are the only exceptions). Watershed is a public building, which operates a diverse range of cultural and commercial activities. The post holder will need to be comfortable working in this environment.
We will be recruiting for two people for the same role in this recruitment process.
As a registered charity and social enterprise, Watershed has well-established brand values. We seek to apply our values in everything we do and ask staff, partners, suppliers and collaborators to do the same.
Our values are:
- Inclusive: We are people led. We listen to and engage with the broadest range of people.
- Open and Honest: We provide a culture and environment that is trusting, trusted and trustworthy.
- Make things Happen: We approach opportunity and challenge creatively, collaboratively and with a can do attitude.
- Entrepreneurial: We are inventive, try new ideas, experiment, learn and share.
- Celebratory: We celebrate culture, creativity and wonder.
Watershed is a Social Enterprise Mark holder. Social Enterprises are businesses whose products and services create both social and environmental benefits.
Closing Date: Sun 14 August, 17:00