Bristol, we’re back
We are so looking forward to welcoming you back! We have missed you.
Now that England has moved to the final stage of easing lockdown restrictions we want you know what this means for Watershed and what you can expect when you decide you are ready to visit our building.
Throughout this whole period we have approached our decisions with the greatest of care, prioritising the access and inclusion of our staff, our customers and our audiences.
We know people and businesses are going to be moving at different speeds as we all approach another new period of adjustment and we’ll continue listening to your feedback and updating you regularly.
Here you can find everything you need to know to help you have a safe and enjoyable experience visiting us. Go to Watershed's access information for specific details, including a large print version of the information below and a visual story of these changes.
We also want to say that we know that not everyone will be able to visit us straight away - or even for some time after. We'll continue to keep up an online programme when we can, and we’ll be here whenever you feel ready to return.
New opening times
Before heading out to visit us, make sure you have a look at our opening times. Please note we are currently closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Open Wednesday - Sunday
- Wed - Sun: 12:00 - until 15 minutes after the last screening starts
Online sales seven days a week.
Café & Bar and Undershed
Open Wednesday - Sunday
- Wed and Sun: 12:00 - 22:00
- Thu - Sat: 12:00 - 22:30
Food served 12:00 - 20:00 every day.
Films screen Wednesday - Sunday, two screenings per cinema per day.
Pervasive Media Studio
Closed to visitors until further notice.
For location, access info, general transport and parking options for Watershed:
What we’re doing to keep you safe
- Reduced capacity and socially distanced seating plans in our cinemas. Current capacity is 25%, this will change to 50% from Wed 28 July).
- We will continue to offer table service only the Café & Bar and staff will continue to observe social distancing where possible.
- Floor markings to enable social distancing
- Hand sanitiser throughout the building
- Increased and enhanced cleaning regime
- Providing staff with face coverings, and perspex screens at desks and the bar
- Advance online booking for film screenings.
- If you wish to book a table in the Café & Bar simply drop us an email.
- Contactless payments - we are cashless
- Air flow management plans in place to ensure adequate ventilation throughout
- Requirements for face coverings to be worn whilst moving around the venue, and whilst sat in the cinema
Staff have been fully trained on our health and safety measures, and are available in every area of the building to talk to and help you.
What you can do to help us
- If you have any Coronavirus symptoms, or anyone in your household has had any symptoms in the last 10 days, please don’t visit us. Get better soon and see us when it is safe!
- Book in advance online – you can book paperless cinema tickets.
- Only book for a maximum of six people - this helps us with our continued social distancing in the cinemas.
- If you would like to check in via NHS Test and Trace please feel free to do so, although it will no longer be required to enter the building.
- Make contactless payments
- Maintain social distancing by following our safe distancing markers and signage
- Use the hand sanitiser provided
- Don't consume food in the cinemas. You can bring drinks from Undershed into the cinemas.
- Arrive on time for your Café & Bar table or film screening. Cinemas open 30 minutes before the film starts
- You will need to wear a face covering whilst in the cinemas and moving around the building.
- When you are sat at a table in the Café & Bar you do not need to wear a face covering
- Respect everyone in our space. Please listen to our staff who are there to help
- Be kind and enjoy yourself!
We ask everyone to be mindful that some people are unable to wear a face covering and the reasons for that might not be immediately apparent.
Changes in the building
Don’t worry about remembering all of this detail, it will be clearly signposted and there will be staff around in every area to help you.
We have also made a Visual Story to help you prepare for your visit and become familiar with the new systems.
Entrance and Exits
Please enter via the main entrance on the ground floor, or use the ramped, electronically assisted door around the corner if you require it.
If you are leaving the Café & Bar, exit via the stairs (keep right) and use the main entrance or assisted door.
If you are leaving one of our Cinema screens, you can leave as above or via our back exit around the rear of the screens.
You are welcome to use the foyer lift at any time.
All the information you need about buying tickets and visiting Box Office
Details to changes in our cinemas and programme
Everything you need to know about visiting the Café & Bar and ordering food and drink.
The Studio is currently closed to the public.
To enable safe social distancing we have changed the way we use some of Watershed’s toilets.
The toilets in the foyer and near the cinemas are gender neutral, and the toilets near the Café & Bar are gender specific. Our accessible Inclusive Toilet (just in front of Cinema 1) is available for anyone to use at any time.
Please continue to wear a face covering when using the facilities.
We have signage in every toilet directing people to close toilet lids before flushing, and instructions on hand washing.
All our toilets are deep cleaned every morning and afternoon, and high touch surfaces are cleaned regularly by staff in PPE.