Bristol, we’re back
Watershed building re-opens on 18 May
Watershed re-opens on Tue 18 May - we are so looking forward to welcoming you back! We have missed you. We know it has been hard and are sending you love.
Here you can find everything you need to know to help you have a safe and enjoyable experience visiting us. Go to Watershed's access information for specific details, including a large print version of the information below and a visual story of these changes.
We also want to say that we know that not everyone will be able to visit us when we reopen - or even for some time after. We'll keep up an online programme when we can, and we’ll be here whenever you feel ready to return.
New opening times
Before heading out to visit us, make sure you have a look at our opening times. Please note we are currently closed on Mondays.
Open Tuesday - Sunday
- Tuesdays: 12:00 - 18:00
- Wed - Sun: 12:00 - until 15 minutes after the last screening starts
Online sales only until the building opens on Tue 18 May.
Café & Bar and Undershed
Open Tuesday - Sunday
- Tue, Wed and Sun: 12:00 - 22:00
- Thu - Sat: 12:00 - 22:30
Food served 12:00 - 20:00 every day.
Films screen Wednesday - Sunday, two screenings per cinema per day.
Pervasive Media Studio
Closed to visitors until further notice.
For location, access info, general transport and parking options for Watershed:
What we’re doing to keep you safe
- Reduced capacity and socially distanced seating plans in our cinemas and Café & Bar
- Floor markings to enable social distancing
- Hand sanitiser throughout the building
- Increased and enhanced cleaning regime
- Providing staff with full PPE and perspex screens at desks and the bar
- Advance online booking for film screenings and table booking in the Café & Bar
- Contactless payments - we are cashless
- Air flow management plans in place to ensure adequate ventilation throughout
- Requirements for face coverings to be worn whilst moving around the venue, and whilst sat in the cinema
Staff have been fully trained on new health and safety measures, and are available in every area of the building to talk to and help you.
What you can do to help us
- If you have any Coronavirus symptoms, or anyone in your household has had any symptoms in the last 10 days, please don’t visit us. Get better soon and see us when it is safe!
- Book in advance online – you can book paperless cinema tickets and a table in the Café & Bar before you arrive.
- Only book for a maximum of six people or two households
- Provide your name and contact details when you arrive at Watershed. In line with current Government guidance, all customers (up to six people or two households) must provide their names and contact details for NHS Test and Trace. You can either provide these at the time of booking, by checking in with the NHS Test and Trace app using our QR code on entry, or giving them directly to Watershed. You won't be allowed in to Watershed Café & Bar or cinemas without giving us your details.
- Make contactless payments.
- Maintain social distancing by following our safe distancing markers and signage
- Use the hand sanitiser provided
- Don't consume food or drink in the cinemas
- Arrive on time for your Café & Bar table or film screening. Cinemas open 30 minutes before the film starts
- You will need to wear a face covering whilst in the cinemas and moving around the building, in accordance with Government guidelines
- When you are sat at a table in the Café & Bar you do not need to wear a face covering
- Respect everyone in our space. This is new for everyone and we are all adjusting. Please listen to our staff who are there to help
- Be kind and enjoy yourself!
We ask everyone to be mindful that some people are unable to wear a face covering and the reasons for that might not be immediately apparent.
Changes in the building
Don’t worry about remembering all of this detail, it will be clearly signposted and there will be staff around in every area to help you.
We have also made a Visual Story to help you prepare for your visit and become familiar with the new systems.
Entrance and Exits
Please enter via the main entrance on the ground floor, or use the ramped, electronically assisted door around the corner if you require it.
If you are leaving the Café & Bar, exit via the stairs (keep right) and use the main entrance or assisted door.
If you are leaving one of our Cinema screens, you can leave as above or via our back exit around the rear of the screens.
You are welcome to use the foyer lift at any time.
To enable safe social distancing we have changed the way we use some of Watershed’s toilets.
The toilets in the foyer and near the cinemas are gender neutral, and the toilets near the Café & Bar are gendered. Our accessible Inclusive Toilet (just in front of Cinema 1) is available for anyone to use at any time.
Every other toilet cubicle is locked to ensure safe social distancing. Please continue to wear a face covering when using the facilities.
We have signage in every toilet directing people to close toilet lids before flushing, and instructions on hand washing.
All our toilets are deep cleaned every morning and afternoon, and high touch surfaces are cleaned regularly by staff in PPE.
NHS Test & Trace
In line with current Government guidance each person entering the venue must provide their names and contact details for NHS Test and Trace. You can either provide these at the time of booking, by checking in with the NHS Test and Trace app using our QR code on entry, or giving them directly to staff when you arrive. You won't be allowed in to Watershed Café & Bar or cinemas without giving us your details.