Bristol, we’re back
We are really glad to be re-opening for 5 days in the run up to to the festive season.
You can find everything you need to know to help you have a safe and enjoyable experience visiting us. Go to Watershed's access information for specific details, including a large print version of the information below and a visual story of these changes.
The information here is reviewed weekly so check back before your next visit!
We also want to say that we know that not everyone will be able to visit us when we reopen - or even for some time after. We'll keep up an online programme when we can, and we’ll be here whenever you feel ready to return.
New opening times
Before heading out to visit us, make sure you have a look at our opening times for Sat 19 to Wed 23 Dec.
- Sat 19 - Wed 23 Dec, 12:00 - 15 mins after the last film screening starts
Café & Bar
- Sat 19 - Wed 23 Dec, 12:00 - 22:00
- Food served 12:00 - 20:00 every day.
Films showing Sat 19 - Wed 23 Dec from 14:30.
Pervasive Media Studio
- Closed to visitors until further notice.
For location, access info, general transport and parking options for Watershed:
What we’re doing to keep you safe
- Reduced capacity in our cinemas and Café & Bar
- One way systems – a detailed map is available
- Floor markings to enable social distancing
- Hand sanitiser throughout the building
- Increased and enhanced cleaning regime
- Providing staff with full PPE and perspex screens at desks and the bar
- Advance online booking for film screenings and table booking in the Café & Bar
- Contactless payments - we are cashless
Staff have been fully trained on new health and safety measures, and are available in every area of the building to talk to and help you.
What you can do to help us
- If you have any Coronavirus symptoms, or anyone in your household has had any symptoms in the last 10 days, please don’t visit us. Get better soon and see us when it is safe!
- Book in advance online – you can book paperless cinema tickets and a table in the Café & Bar before you arrive.
- Only book for members of your household or bubble with a maximum of 6 people per booking.
- Provide your name and contact details when you arrive at Watershed. In line with government guidance, at least one member of every party of customers (up to 6 people) must provide their name and contact details using either the NHS Test and Trace App or directly to Watershed. If you do not supply your details you will not be able to visit Watershed Cinemas or Café & Bar.
- Make contactless payments.
- Maintain social distancing by following our one way systems and safe distancing markers and signage
- Use the hand sanitiser provided
- Don't consume food or drink in the cinemas
- Arrive on time for your Café & Bar table or film screening. Cinemas open 30 minutes before the film starts
- You will need to wear a face covering whilst in the cinemas and moving around the building, in accordance with Government guidelines
- When you are sat at a table in the Café & Bar you do not need to wear a face covering
- Respect everyone in our space. This is new for everyone and we are all adjusting. Please listen to our staff who are there to help
- Be kind and enjoy yourself!
We ask everyone to be mindful that some people are unable to wear a face covering and the reasons for that might not be immediately apparent.
Changes in the building
Don’t worry about remembering all of this detail, it will be clearly signposted and there will be staff around in every area to help you.
We have also made a Visual Story to help you prepare for your visit and become familiar with the new systems.
Entrance and Exits
Please enter via the main entrance on the ground floor, or use the ramped, electronically assisted door around the corner if you require it.
Because of our new one way systems exits are different depending on which area of the building you are visiting:
- If you are leaving the Café & Bar, exit via the stairs (keep right) and the ground floor accessible door exit.
- If you are leaving one of our Cinema screens, you can leave as above, or via our back exit around the rear of the screens. If you require the use of the foyer lift, you can still exit this way.
- You are welcome to use the foyer lift at any time.
To enable safe social distancing we have changed the way we use some of Watershed’s toilets.
The toilets in the foyer and near the cinemas are gender neutral, and the toilets near the Café & Bar are gendered.
One person (or bubble or household) per toilet block will be allowed at any one time to help maintain social distancing.
What toilet we recommend you use will depend on what area of the building you are in:
- If you are in the Cinemas follow the signs to the toilets to the rear of the screens.
- If you are in the Café & Bar follow the signs to the toilets via the entrance to W1.
- Our accessible Inclusive Toilet has baby changing facilities (just in front of Cinema 1) and is available for anyone to use at any time, regardless of where you are in the building.
We have signage in every toilet directing people to close toilet lids before flushing, and instructions on hand washing.
All our toilets are deep cleaned every morning and afternoon, and high touch surfaces are cleaned regularly by staff in PPE.
NHS Test & Trace
In line with government guidance, at least one member of every party of customers (up to 6 people) must provide their name and contact details using either the NHS Test and Trace App or directly to Watershed. If you do not supply your details you will not be able to visit Watershed Cinemas or Café & Bar.