Join us for an evening of Sardinian and South West inspired feasting featuring five luscious courses packed full of fresh flavours and great atmosphere.
Bristol Chef Danny Saville spent his childhood summers in Sardinia learning how to cook in the family home with his nonna. Meanwhile back in the UK, Danny would spend time eating and drinking with the other side of his family on the Dorset coast. This rich culinary heritage serves as inspiration for the dishes and drinks on this special bespoke menu.
You will be welcomed with a range of freshly prepared antipasti and an aperitivo drink, followed by a traditional first course (primo), grilled seafood main (secondo) paired with fresh salad sides, and all served in family style group tables and sharing platters. This will be topped off with a refreshing handmade lemon sorbetto, a boozy family recipe Tiramisù, espresso, and an ammazzacaffe (coffee killer) of homemade Limoncello to finish.
An integral element in Sardinian cooking is the high quality and freshness of raw ingredients – something which Danny will honour using exceptional South West suppliers and producers, peppered with select Sardinian products.
Set in the relaxed atmosphere of our Café Bar, settle in as we recreate the warmth and culinary drama of a long Italian evening spent together with friends and family - a perfect way to dine.
- Aperitivo drink with range of antipasti including bruschetta made with Baked of Totterdown sourdough
- Fregola allo zafferano con Maiale Arrosto al finocchio (Sardinian giant couscous with saffron tomato sauce, with free range fennel roasted pork shoulder from Ruby and White butchers in Bristol)
- Calamari alla griglia con insalata (Lyme Bay Calamari from West Country Catch, grilled and served with summery salad side dishes)
- Organic lemon and basil sorbet
- Boozy family recipe tiramisu made and served with Cast Iron Espresso by Extract Coffee of Bristol
- Limoncello (Homemade ‘coffee killer’ with organic lemons)
You can follow Danny's food adventures, find out about future events, and tag your photos on Instagram at @dannyboybristol - Buon appetito!