Multimedia producer, creative technologist, author and researcher
Besides being a resident of the Pervasive Media Studio, Marcus Gilroy-Ware is:
- Author, Filling The Void, Repeater Books (2017)
- Visiting faculty, School of Film & Journalism, University of the West of England
- Head of public engagement and digital strategy for The Sociological Review Foundation
- Director, VSC Creative - digital storytelling, creative technology and full-stack web development agency
- Founder, Smartest (open-source web content management platform)
Marcus uses his time at the studio to explore what he calls the politics of human cognition. Engagement with accurate informational media, whether from journalism or elsewhere, is an essential part of any democracy. Marcus researches the at the intersection of politics, psychology and the use of digital storytelling techniques to create more appealing factual media, and will also develop his 'Smartest' platform to make it more deployable for new users to do the same.
He also hopes to research new means to publish electronic books, and collaborate with other residents to explore alternative input devices for musical performance.