Planning your visit to Watershed? Here are the answers to your most common FAQs to help make your trip as easy and enjoyable as possible. Find out about upcoming events here. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
What is Watershed?
We are the leading cultural film and digital media centre in the South West. Our building, located on Bristol's Harbourside, is home to three cinemas, a spacious Café/Bar, events spaces, and the Pervasive Media Studio.
Watershed is a social enterprise and registered charity that aims to advance education, skills, appreciation and understanding of the arts, with a particular focus on film, media and digital technologies. Find out more about what we do and how you can support us.
What's on at Watershed for families?
Find current events for your family on our dedicated What's On For Families page. You can also sign up to our What's On For Families mailing list to receive information about upcoming events. Sign up at the bottom of our What's On For Families page.
Our year-round programme for families includes:
- Cinébabies - a weekly daytime screening of one of the current films in the programme specifically for parents/carers with babies under 12 months
- Holiday Activities - such as matinee film screenings, colouring-in activities in our Café/Bar, and family workshops
- Family Arts Festival - each October we team up with other arts organisations to bring you an exciting programme of events as part of Bristol's one and only festival for families
- Birthday Parties - our three cinema screens are available for hire, perfect for a private screening or computer gaming on the big screen. Contact our Events team by email or by phone on 0117 927 2082 and ask about our Children's Birthday Party packages.
- We also arrange School Screenings
We are located in the centre of Bristol at 1 Canon's Road, Harbourside Bristol, BS1 5TX. View Watershed on the map.
- By Bus We are easily reached by bus. Most buses to the city centre stop at the promenade, where we recommend you alight for Watershed. We are situated on Canon's Road, next to the Tourist Information Centre. For further bus enquiries please visit the First Cityline website or call 0845 602 0156 (8:00 - 20:00).
- By Train Temple Meads, the nearest station, is about one mile from Watershed. Buses 8 and 9 run directly to the city centre promenade. For further info about train times please visit the National Rail Enquiries website or call 08457 48 49 50.
- By car The closest car parks to Watershed are Millennium Square Car Park and Trenchard Street NCP parking. View a map of local car parks. There are two blue badge holder spaces just behind the building on Canons Road, where badge holders can park free of charge and without time limit.
- By Bike We have bike racks situated under the walkway by our main entrance/Box Office.
Our customer lift is located by our Box Office and main entrance on the ground floor. Our cinemas, Café/Bar and Events spaces are located on the first floor.
Baby changing facilities are located in the cinema side female toilets, in the unisex accessible toilet and in both the male and female Café/Bar side toilets.
High chairs, bottle warming and free WiFi are available in our Café/Bar.
Buggy parking is available at our weekly Cinébabies screening on Monday mornings.
Inflatable Booster Seats are available for children in the cinemas, if you require a booster seat please ask any member of staff.
Food and Drink
Enjoy delicious, freshly prepared food in our Café/Bar that's locally and ethically sourced. Our menu includes a Children's Menu (meals cost £5.00) and we can provide high-chairs. Free tap water is available in our Café/Bar and all drinks can be taken into the cinemas. You can buy popcorn, snacks, drinks and sweets at our Box Office.
Screenings/Events starting before 16:00:
£6.50 full / £4.50 concessions (unless otherwise stated).
Screenings/Events starting after 16:00:
£9.00 full / £6.50 concessions (unless otherwise stated).
Aged 24 or under? you can see a film here at any time for just £4.50.
Concessions apply to full-time students, Job Seekers Allowance and Employment and Support Allowance, 60+ who have retired and disabled people. Where applicable please produce proof of eligibility when purchasing a ticket.
For more information on our prices wshd.to/pricingchange
Cinébabies tickets cost £6.50 full / £4.50 concessions.
Our bespoke family workshops vary in price depending on what's included in the event.
During the school holidays, enjoy free colouring-in in our Café/Bar.
Please book workshops and events in advance where possible, as spaces are limited. Unless otherwise stated, film tickets and workshop tickets are sold separately.
We try to include as much guidance on who our family events are suitable for and what the format will be, but if you have any questions please call our friendly Box Office team on 0117 927 5100.
Mon – Fri from 09:00
Sat & Sun from 10:00
Mon: 10:00 – 23:00
Tue-Fri: 09:30 – 23:00
Sat: 10:00 – 23:00
Sun: 10:00 – 22:30
Please note that under 18s are welcome in the Café/Bar until 21:00
What else is there for families in the area?
We are located on Bristol's historic Harbourside - perfect for strolling around in good weather. The fountains at the centre and those in Millenium Square are popular picnic spots for families.
Free places to visit in the area include Arnolfini, MShed, The Archiecture Centre, Bristol's Cathedral and Museum & Gallery. Parks nearby include Queen's Square, College Green and Brandon Hill, which has a play park.
We are just a five to ten minute walk from the Central Library, St Nicholas' Market and the shops in Broadmead. The Bristol Aquarium and At-Bristol are located behind our building, on Millenium Square.
Have a look at the Visit Bristol website for more information or ask at Box Office for a paper map of the city centre area.
Sign up to our What's On For Families mailing list to receive information about upcoming events. Sign up at the bottom of our What's On For Families page.