Watershed's Pervasive Media Studio and BBC R&D invite you to join us for a free workshop introducing a new, open technology developed by BBC R&D which allows stories to be adapted, a bit like a storyteller around a campfire.
- A podcast which fits with your morning commute
- Audio that challenges the listener based on their music tastes
- Video which avoids inappropriate content depending on the age of the audience
- Video which adapts depending on who is watching, and where they are
We call this Object-Based media, and it is a true synergy of the internet, storytelling, and media.
BBC R&D's senior firestarter Ian Forrester will introduce the endless possibilities for producers, artists, and creators; the R&D team are excited by the potential for this new tool and want to offer it freely to everyone, using open technology.
In this workshop, you will…
- Get familiar with flexible media
- Examples of the content created, and how we created it
- Think about the benefits for your practice
- Join a storytelling workshop building with objects
- Learn about opportunities to use it now and into the future
- Help to shape the future of media with us
This is a chance to leap forward and rethink how media could work for you.
The Next Web covered object based media a while ago - https://thenextweb.com/media/2016/03/09/bbc-r-and-d-object-based-media/
This workshop is one of a series of Object Based Media community events, more can be found linked here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/blog/2017/05/object-based-media-events