At Watershed, people are our priority
As well as becoming part of our brilliant team, benefits of working for Watershed include:
- Free cinema ticket every week.
- 50% staff discount on selected Café & Bar menu items whilst at work.
- 30 days holiday, rising to 35 after two years’ service.
- Taxi home if you finish work after 10.30pm.
- Wellbeing support including a free 24 hour counselling and information service.
- British Sign Language training for all employees.
- Hybrid working in many non customer-facing roles.
- 3% employer contribution to a workplace pension
- City centre location on Bristol’s harbourside with great transport links.
We are a leading film, culture and digital media centre, employing over 100 members of staff across a wide range of activities.
At Watershed, we are committed
As a registered charity and social enterprise, Watershed is committed to the following values, and our staff seek to apply them in everything we do:
- Inclusive: We are people led. We listen to and engage with the broadest range of people.
- Open and Honest: We provide a culture and environment that is trusting, trusted and trustworthy.
- Make things Happen: We approach opportunity and challenge creatively, collaboratively and with a “can do” attitude.
- Entrepreneurial: We are inventive, try new ideas, experiment, learn and share.
- Celebratory: We celebrate culture, creativity and wonder.
Watershed is committed to prioritising environmental sustainability. Our Climate Emergency declaration acknowledges the climate breakdown and sets out the action we will take.
We believe our work will be stronger with greater diversity and particularly welcome applications to work at Watershed from those who bring balance to our team.
Watershed welcomes the whole person to work and we understand that each of us brings our experiences, our backgrounds and our own unique lens to what we do. Supporting our staff means they are not appointed to represent specific groups or organisations.
We actively encourage job applications from those who may not have worked in a cultural organisation before, or in an organisation like Watershed, by offering support to applicants from backgrounds that are underrepresented in the cultural sector (please see individual job descriptions for details).
Watershed wants all employees to have the opportunity to participate equally in the workplace and will make reasonable adjustments to support access needs.
At Watershed, we discover
In the Watershed building, on Bristol’s historic harbourside, there are three cinemas, a large, light and airy Café & Bar, flexible conference and events spaces and also the Pervasive Media Studio, our research space which brings together a network of over 100 artists, technologists and academics to explore the future of mobile and wireless media.
Bristol is our home, but we are also working locally, nationally and globally, championing engagement, imagination and ingenuity.
Watershed was founded in 1982 with a passion for promoting new ideas and creating enjoyable experiences. Since then, we have established ourselves as one of the few truly cross-art form organisations in the UK.
We have changed and evolved over the years, but our original sense of experimentation and creativity has remained central to our purpose.
It’s not always been easy but the fact that we are still thriving owes much to our many supporters, the people who love what we do and have created the Watershed community.
Keep an eye on our jobs page and social media channels to discover how you can be a part of our story. As well as our jobs, we also have a diverse range of other opportunities – such as talent development programmes, artist residencies and filmmaking competitions.
We also work with a variety of people on a wide range of other activities that enable audiences to discover, connect and be creative at Watershed.
Get in touch if you have an idea that you think we should know about.