Information on visiting Watershed
Here you can find everything you need to know about visiting us, including our location, what we are doing to keep you safe and what you can do to help us, access info, general transport and parking options.
Watershed is open seven days a week. Before heading out to visit us, make sure to take note of our opening times below.
- Mon: 17:00 until 15 minutes after the last screening starts
- Tue to Sun: 12:00 until 15 minutes after the last screening starts
Online ticket booking is available all day every day at any time.
- Mon: from 17:00
- Tue to Fri: from 09:30
- Sat to Sun: from 10:00
Food served 12:00 - 20:00, except Fri & Sat 12:00 - 20:30, Mon 17:00-20:00 (Nacho Mondays menu)
- Mon & Tue closed
- Wed, Thu, Sun: 12:00 - 20:00
- Fri & Sat 12:00 - 22:00
Food served 12:00 - 20:00, except Fri & Sat 12:00 - 20:30
We look forward to seeing you.
Films screening this week:
- Mon to Thu, with up to six screenings a day
- Fri to Sun, with up to nine screenings a day
Pervasive Media Studio
Open Studio Fridays
Our weekly offer to come and spend time with us in the Studio, and get to know the space and the community
11:00-18:00 at Pervasive Media Studio
This event takes place every Friday.
Please email the Pervasive Media Studio if you would like to come to Open Studio Fridays
What we’re doing to keep you safe
- We will continue to programme regular 25% capacity Socially Distanced and Relaxed Screenings (which are also at a maximum of 25% capacity) - to see these screenings use the filter on our calendar page.
- Face coverings. We continue to require everyone to wear a face covering whilst in the cinemas and moving around the building. We ask everyone to be mindful that some people are unable to wear a face covering, and the reasons for that might not be immediately apparent.
- All staff are wearing face coverings and have FFP2 face coverings, available if they wish them which give a higher level of protection to both visitors and the wearer, to help reduce the risk of infection.
- We have table service in the Café & Bar with online ordering – instructions are on each table. If you do not have access to a smart phone a member of our team will take your order for you. If you would prefer we are also happy to take your food & drink order at the bar.
- Our cinemas are very well ventilated. The cinemas use an air conditioning system that brings in fresh air from the rooftop. The air doesn’t move between the 3 screens. No air is recirculated, meaning the air that is pumped into the cinemas is 100% new air (that has been brought up to the correct temperature). The Café & Bar windows are opened hourly.
- All staff are following social distancing guidelines.
- Advance online booking for film screenings.
- Touch free booking, contactless payments, hand sanitiser throughout the building, and an increased and enhanced cleaning regime.
Staff have been fully trained on our health and safety measures, and are available in every area of the building to talk to and help you.
What you can do to help us
- If you have any Coronavirus symptoms, or anyone in your household has had any symptoms in the last 10 days, please don’t visit us. Get better soon and see us when it is safe!
- Book in advance online – you can book paperless cinema tickets.
- Make contactless payments
- Maintain social distancing wherever you can
- Use the hand sanitiser provided
- Arrive on time for your Café & Bar table or film screening. We aim to open cinema doors around 15 minutes before start times
- Please wear a face covering whilst in the cinemas and moving around the building.
- When you are sitting at your table in the Café & Bar you do not need to wear a face covering
- Respect everyone in our space. Please listen to our staff who are there to help
- Be kind and enjoy yourself!
We ask everyone to be mindful that some people are unable to wear a face covering and the reasons for that might not be immediately apparent.
Changes in the building
Don’t worry about remembering all of the detail, it will be clearly signposted and there will be staff around in every area to help you.
We have also made a Visual Story to help you prepare for your visit and become familiar with the new systems.
Entrance and Exits
Enter via the main entrance on the ground floor, or use the ramped, electronically assisted door around the corner if you require it.
If you are leaving the Café & Bar, exit via the stairs (keep right) and use the main entrance or assisted door.
If you are leaving one of our Cinema screens, you can leave as above or via our back exit around the rear of the screens.
You are welcome to use the foyer lift at any time.
Watershed is located on Bristol's historic harbourside in the city centre, with great transport links making it easy to get to.
The nearest bus stops to Watershed are on 'The Centre', no more than a 2 minute walk away.
Plan your journey by bus at travelwest.info
There are multiple cycle parking locations at the front and back of Watershed, plus many more across The Centre nearby.
There is a ferry stop just along from Watershed with regular Bristol Ferry Boat services running from Temple Meads, Hotwells and around the city centre.
Additional services from No7 Boats run at weekends and during school holidays.
Watershed Café & Bar
The Café & Bar is the perfect social space overlooking Bristol’s vibrant Harbourside.
Open on Monday's from 17:00 for Nacho Mondays
Open Tuesday – Sunday for lunch, evening meals and drinks; with lots of vegetarian and vegan choices, plus a children's menu.Find out moreabout the Café & Bar
At Watershed we want to be as welcoming, inclusive and accessible as we can for all our customers, audiences, staff and visitors.
Our building is accessible, our customer facing staff have received basic BSL and D/deaf awareness training and we run an accessible programme of screenings and events. We have both gender neutral and gender specific toilets alongside an accessible toilet.
Unless otherwise stated the cost of cinema tickets is as follows:
Screenings after 16:00:
£11.00 full / £8.50 concessions.
Screenings before 16:00
£8.50 full / £5.00 concessions.
Aged 24 or under:
Any screening, any time for £5.00.
Refugees and asylum seekers:
Any screening, any time for £5.00.
Free tickets are available for Personal Assistants accompanying customers who are Deaf / Disabled.
Concessions apply to Full Time Students, Job Seekers Allowance and Employment Support Allowance, 60+ who have retired, Equity and BECTU members and disabled people.
Where applicable please produce proof of eligibility when collecting a ticket.