Sales Facilitator for Music Memory Box
Opportunity with STUDIO MEINECK
Deadline for entries
Sun 13 Oct 2019 23:00
We’re looking for a confident and friendly salesperson to help scale the first batch of Music Memory Box. As a product for people living with dementia, a lot of the focus will be on care homes and dealing with this sensitive subject so someone who has personal experience or is adept at empathising with families and care staff is essential. Following a successful Kickstarter in April 2019 Music Memory Box is now in production to manufacture the first 300 boxes. We have some pre-orders currently and are looking for someone who can be dedicated to selling the remainder and creating new partnerships in the lead up to them coming to market in February 2020.
Studio Meineck is a social design studio specialising in co-designing (with users, academics and charities) innovative new technology products for some of society's greatest social challenges. Founded in 2016 by designer Chloe Meineck, the studio is developing a pipeline of products for the wellbeing and mental health market. The first of which Music Memory Box is an award winning physical and digital tool for people living with dementia, followed by trove using similar technology but focused on children’s life stories. The aim is to create marketable successful products that fulfill a need in society and transform lives.
● Build on existing relationships with retailers, care homes and charities
● Create new sales opportunities and partnerships
● Facilitate workshops with families, community groups and care home staff
● Visit any appropriate trade shows
● Develop with the team a clear sales strategy for Music Memory Box
● Sharing schedule with team (e.g. via google calender) and checking in regularly
● Monthly reporting against KPIs (meetings, sales, new contacts made) to Director and Advisory Board
● Sales experience (B2B and B2C)
● Someone who is enthusiastic, friendly, engaging and confident
● Great organisation and communication skills
● Focus on social purpose
● Knowledge of and networks within care sector
● Experience of people living with dementia
● Car and driving licence
Pay: £100 base day rate (£24k FTE) + Double On Target Earnings (OTE) max. £4000.
Timeframe: maximum of 40 days across 5 months initially with the possibility of extension subject to funding, and share option potential.
Hours: flexible with a majority of time expected to be out at meetings (external) but desk space available at Pervasive Media Studio in Bristol (internal) when needed.
How to Apply Send a short cover letter including your relevant past experience and CV to email@example.com
We particularly welcome applications from those without a traditional sales background from healthcare or occupational therapy for example. As well as people from BAME backgrounds, disabled people and those who identify as LGBTQ+.
Deadline: Midnight Sunday 13th October
Interviews: Thursday 17th October
We’ll aim to contact all successful applicants by 6pm on Monday 14th and please inform us if you’re unable to make the specified interview date.