Pervasive Media Studio is located within Watershed in the city centre on Bristol’s historic harbourside.
Pervasive Media Studio
1 Canons Road
Postcode / Satnav: BS1 5TX
To access the Studio, please go to the Main Watershed Box Office entrance and go upstairs to the Café Bar. Walk across the cafe bar, turn right and walk towards the double doors. Go through into the corridor and walk all the way down until you reach the Studio. The Studio is wheelchair accessible and there is an accessible and gender neutral toilet. There is also a baby change area.
Car and Bike Parking
Travelling by bike? View a map of local cycle parking/services nearby, or see Bristol City Council's bike information. There are two Blue Badge parking spaces to the rear of the building on Canon’s Road.
Watershed is a fully accessible building adapted to make your visit as easy as possible.
Here at Watershed and the Pervasive Media Studio we want to be as welcoming, inclusive and accessible as we can for everyone: for all of our customers, audiences, staff and visitors.
Our main entrance and Box Office are both located on the ground floor which is accessible via a ramped, electronically assisted entrance door. Many of our staff, including our Box Office and Café/Bar teams, have received basic training in British Sign Language (BSL), and there is a BSL video welcome on the information screen at Box Office.
Upstairs you'll find the Pervasive Media Studio, which is accessible via the lift located in the main entrance foyer at Box Office.
There is an accessible toilet and baby changing facilities.
Guide dogs and hearing dogs are very welcome.
We are an open place space which is often busy but there is always a Quiet Space available.
The last talk of every month is BSL interpreted.
For a more detailed look at the facilities we provide, using pictures and in-depth descriptions, please visit DisabledGo.
If you have any questions about your visit or your access please do not hesitate to contact us.
When spending time at Pervasive Media Studio, we ask that you enact the following behaviours.
The statements below have been developed by Watershed's Inclusion Working Group with input from the West of England Centre for Inclusive Living. Our aim is to support everyone to learn by being clear about our expectations.
- Welcome all people to the Pervasive Media Studio, understanding that structural inequality means that visitors, Residents, colleagues and audiences experience of our community, our space and our Studio culture may be different from your own
- Use respectful language and endeavour to address people with the terms they favour
- Take steps to educate yourself on the experiences of people who come from different backgrounds to yourself
- Not ask people to prove their identity, or question how or why they identify in the way they do
- Listen to people and respect their lived experience
- Feed back on significant barriers to inclusion or areas of concern in Watershed (unless that places an unmanageable burden on your emotional labour to do so)
- Approach collaborations in an open and generous fashion using appropriate contracts or written agreements to ensure that expectations about shared and future work is clear
Reception: 0117 370 8870 | firstname.lastname@example.org