Information on visiting Watershed
Here you can find everything you need to know about visiting us, including our location, what we are doing to keep you safe and what you can do to help us, access info, general transport and parking options.
Watershed is open six days a week. Before heading out to visit us, make sure to take note of our opening times below.
Open Tue to Sun this week
- Tue to Sun: 12:00 until 15 minutes after the last screening starts
Online ticket booking is available all day every day at any time.
Café & Bar and Undershed
Open Tues to Sun this week
- Tue, Wed and Sun: 12:00 - 22:00
- Thu to Sat: 12:00 - 22:30
Food served 12:00 - 20:00 every day we are open.
Films screening this week:
- Tue to Thu, with six screenings a day
- Fri to Sun, with nine screenings a day
Pervasive Media Studio
Closed to visitors until further notice.
What we’re doing to keep you safe
- Reduced capacity and socially distanced seating plans in our cinema. Current capacity is 75%
- Face coverings. We continue to require everyone to wear a face covering whilst in the cinemas and moving around the building. We ask everyone to be mindful that some people are unable to wear a face covering, and the reasons for that might not be immediately apparent
- We are continuing to offer table service in the Café & Bar and staff will continue to observe social distancing where possible
- Providing staff with face coverings, and perspex screens at desks and the bar
- Air flow management plans in place to ensure adequate ventilation throughout
- Advance online booking for film screenings
- If you wish to book a table in the Café & Bar simply drop us an email
- Contactless payments - we are cashless
- Hand sanitiser throughout the building
- Increased and enhanced cleaning regime
Staff have been fully trained on our health and safety measures, and are available in every area of the building to talk to and help you.
What you can do to help us
- If you have any Coronavirus symptoms, or anyone in your household has had any symptoms in the last 10 days, please don’t visit us. Get better soon and see us when it is safe!
- Book in advance online – you can book paperless cinema tickets.
- Only book for a maximum of six people - this helps us with our continued social distancing in the cinemas.
- If you would like to check in via NHS Test and Trace please feel free to do so, although it is no longer required to enter the building.
- Make contactless payments
- Maintain social distancing wherever you can
- Use the hand sanitiser provided
- Don't consume food in the cinemas. You can bring drinks from Undershed into the cinemas.
- Arrive on time for your Café & Bar table or film screening. We aim to open cinema doors around 15 minutes before start times
- Please wear a face covering whilst in the cinemas and moving around the building.
- When you are sitting at your table in the Café & Bar you do not need to wear a face covering
- Respect everyone in our space. Please listen to our staff who are there to help
- Be kind and enjoy yourself!
We ask everyone to be mindful that some people are unable to wear a face covering and the reasons for that might not be immediately apparent.
Changes in the building
Don’t worry about remembering all of this detail, it will be clearly signposted and there will be staff around in every area to help you.
We have also made a Visual Story to help you prepare for your visit and become familiar with the new systems.
Entrance and Exits
Enter via the main entrance on the ground floor, or use the ramped, electronically assisted door around the corner if you require it.
If you are leaving the Café & Bar, exit via the stairs (keep right) and use the main entrance or assisted door.
If you are leaving one of our Cinema screens, you can leave as above or via our back exit around the rear of the screens.
You are welcome to use the foyer lift at any time.
Watershed is located on Bristol's historic harbourside in the city centre, with great transport links making it easy to get to.
The nearest bus stops to Watershed are on 'The Centre', no more than a 2 minute walk away.
Plan your journey by bus at travelwest.info
There are multiple cycle parking locations at the front and back of Watershed, plus many more across The Centre nearby.
There is a ferry stop just along from Watershed with regular Bristol Ferry Boat services running from Temple Meads, Hotwells and around the city centre.
Additional services from No7 Boats run at weekends and during school holidays.
Watershed Café & Bar
The Café & Bar is the perfect social space overlooking Bristol’s vibrant Harbourside.
Open Wednesday – Sunday for lunch, evening meals and drinks; with lots of vegetarian and vegan choices, plus a children's menu.Find out moreabout the Café & Bar
At Watershed we want to be as welcoming, inclusive and accessible as we can for all our customers, audiences, staff and visitors.
Our building is accessible, our customer facing staff have received basic BSL and D/deaf awareness training and we run an accessible programme of screenings and events. We have both gender neutral and gender specific toilets alongside an accessible toilet.
Unless otherwise stated the cost of cinema tickets is as follows:
Screenings after 16:00:
£11.00 full / £8.50 concessions.
Screenings before 16:00
£8.50 full / £5.00 concessions.
Aged 24 or under:
Any screening, any time for £5.00.
Refugees and asylum seekers:
Any screening, any time for £5.00.
Free tickets are available for Personal Assistants accompanying customers who are Deaf / Disabled.
Concessions apply to Full Time Students, Job Seekers Allowance and Employment Support Allowance, 60+ who have retired, Equity and BECTU members and disabled people.
Where applicable please produce proof of eligibility when collecting a ticket.