Join us at Watershed to play test six Playable City prototypes before their big debut in July. From the 23-25 May Playable City teams will be play testing their projects around Watershed and a few off-site locations.
Play, test and explore the projects and share your thoughts with the Sandbox teams while the work is still in development.
You don't need to have any experience of work like this, or of technology to come along. There is no wrong way to engage with the work, just lots for the teams to learn.
Tuesday 23 May
- Street Pixel (Biome Collective) 12 - 4pm Watershed, Pervasive Media Studio
- How (Not) to be hit by a self-driving car (Tomo Kihara & Studio Playfool) 10am - 4pm Watershed, Waterside 2
Wednesday 24 May FOR RESIDENTS OF PERVASIVE MEDIA STUDIO ONLY (approx. 10:00 - 12:30)
- Fireflies (GlitchAR)
- Street Pixel (Biome Collective)
- Zoomscape Zoetrope (Jack Wates & Tom Blackburn)
- How (Not) to be hit by a self-driving car (Tomo Kihara & Studio Playfool)
- Squeeze Me (Air Giants)
Thursday 25 May
- Squeeze Me (Air Giants) 11am - 4pm Watershed, Undershed (next to box office)
- Zoomscape Zoetrope (Jack Wates & Tom Blackburn) 11am - 4pm Watershed, Undershed, (next to box office)
N.B that Dhaqan Collective are running play testing with invited groups only for The House of Weaving Songs.
About Playable City Sandbox
Playable City Sandbox is a creative research and development programme. Watershed’s Sandbox methodology provides a facilitated space where participants have the chance to transform an experimental idea to a working prototype over three months of rapid research and development.
Playable City Sandbox is part of the MyWorld IDEAS programme, funded by UK Research and Innovation’s Strength in Places Fund to establish the West of England as the global centre of creative technology excellence.
Find out more about Playable City and the upcoming public showcase in July by visiting PlayableCity.com