Join the South West Creative Technology Network (SWCTN) for a journey through the weird and wonderful world of data as they celebrate their Year of Data with a day of sharing, reflecting on and challenging ideas in data, inclusive futures and creative business development.
In 2020 SWCTN had the pleasure of welcoming 24 new fellows into the network to explore the theme of data. Data is vibrant, ever-changing and limitless in its scope. Delving into this expansive subject, SWCTN's cohort has explored questions around data rights and privacy, inclusion and data bias, data and the climate crisis, in a fellowship that was run entirely in the online space for the first time.
This was followed by SWCTN commissioning eight prototyping teams to make original products and services combining data and creative technologies. These are brand new businesses grappling with the themes of the future: inclusion, data bias, the new green economies and how data might, after all, improve and empower our lives.
This showcase will celebrate the work of the data cohort as well as give you the opportunity to hear from the cohort and engage with the new products, services and experiences being developed through their prototype programme.
With over 15 free sessions to choose from throughout the day you can expect to:
- Be the first to engage with new prototypes, products, services and experiences being developed by the new Data prototype teams
- Participate in interactive experiences created by artists in the South West
- Think about the future (and past) of inclusion and creative technology and whether creative technology can contribute towards inclusive future
- Explore the relationship between data climate change, ecocide and environmental justice
- Dive into the research from our 24 Fellows who have been exploring the frontiers of data technology
- Find out about the kinds of investment available to support a thriving creative business
- Join us for a keynote conversation discussing the commodification of personal data and approaches to data sovereignty and more
Visit the SWCTN website to view the full schedule.
There will be BSL interpretation during the talks, captioning on pre-recorded material, as well as live captioning on all events throughout the day. If you have any additional questions regarding access for the day, please contact Katherine on email@example.com
The South West Creative Technology Network is a project to expand the use of creative technologies across the region. The network has offered three one-year funded programmes around the themes of immersion, automation and data. The grant is part of Research England’s Connecting Capabilities Fund, which supports university collaboration and encourages the commercialisation of products made through partnerships with industry.