Celebrate the diversity and fluidity of desire with Touched, an alternative Valentine’s Day screening showcasing sensuous shorts by female and non-binary filmmakers. Co-curated by collectives T A P E and Invisible Women, this subversive and surprising programme connects filmmakers from across the decades, combining contemporary work with rarities from the archive. The result is a witty, intimate and unapologetically sexy selection of films which open up space for wider discussions about self-love, intimacy and longing.
The short films in the programme include:
- What About me? (Lois Stevenson, 2021, 3 mins)
- Random Acts of Intimacy (Clio Barnard, 1999, 15 mins)
- F*** YOU (Anette Sidor, 2018, 14 min)
- What She Wants (Ruth Lingford, 1994, 5 mins)
- Wavelengths (Pratibha Parmar, 1997, 15 mins)
- #Familiar #Touch #Lost #Figures (Katayoun Jalilipour, 2017, 12 mins)
- The Birth Of Valerie Venus (Sarah Clift, 2020, 15mins)
- She Wanted Green Lawns (Sarah Turner, 1987, 4mins)
Presented in partnership with Queer Vision.