Summer Food Celebration
Sardinia Meets South West
Join us for an evening of Sardinian and South West inspired feasting featuring five luscious courses packed full of fresh flavours and great atmosphere.
Bristol Chef Danny Saville spent his childhood summers in Sardinia learning how to cook in the family home with his nonna. Meanwhile back in the UK, Danny would spend time eating and drinking with the other side of his family on the Dorset coast. This rich culinary heritage serves as inspiration for the dishes and drinks on tonight’s bespoke Sardinia Meets South West menu.
You will be welcomed with a range of freshly prepared antipasti and an aperitivo drink, followed by a traditional first course (primo), grilled seafood main (secondo) paired with fresh salad sides, and all served in family style group tables and sharing platters. This will be topped off with a refreshing handmade lemon sorbetto, a boozy family recipe Tiramisù, espresso, and an ammazzacaffe (coffee killer) of homemade Limoncello to finish.
An integral element in Sardinian cooking is the high quality and freshness of raw ingredients – something which Danny will honour using exceptional South West suppliers and producers, peppered with select Sardinian products.
Set in the relaxed atmosphere of our Café Bar, settle in as we recreate the warmth and culinary drama of a long Italian evening spent together with friends and family - a perfect way to dine.
- Aperitivo drink with range of antipasti including bruschetta made with Baked of Totterdown sourdough
- Fregola allo zafferano con Maiale Arrosto al finnocchio (Sardinian giant couscous with fennel roasted pork)
- Calamari alla griglia con insalata (Lyme Bay Calamari from West Country Catch, grilled and served with summery salad side dishes)
- Sorbetto al limone (Homemade lemon sorbet, made with organic lemons)
- Tiramisù con espresso (Boozy family recipe Tiramisù, made and served with espresso coffee)
- Limoncello (Homemade ‘coffee killer’ with organic lemons)