As part of our Ale Celebration (Mon 4 Sept - Sun 29 Oct) we've asked some of our favourite local brewers (Stroud Brewery, Dawkins Ales, Butcombe Brewing co and Bath Ales) to takeover all five of our ale taps in week-long Tap Takeovers.
Second in the series we welcome Butcombe Brewing co, who will be taking over our taps from Mon 18 - Sun 24 Sept. Originally launched in 1978, after a lot of hard graft and by staying true to their beliefs in running a traditional brewing company, Butcombe is still going strong. Their Original Ale has just won Gold at The World Beer Awards.
The Butcombe Tap Takeover selection includes:
- Original (4%) - a classic amber best bitter
- Gold (4.4%) - a golden ale that is full of character
- Rare Breed (3.8%) - a very sessionable pale ale brewed in collaboration with Adam Henson
- Pope (5%) - an interesting and well balanced pint brewed with Beechwood smoked malt for a rich flavour and a hint of spice
- Invader (5%) - a strong German, malty Bock lager style. With a light amber colour and sweet, malt, biscuit character, the clean ferment ensures a crisp, dry finish with soft, spicy German hop undertones.
- Crimson King (4.3%) - a red beer brewed with rye to give distinctive spicy, dry flavours and a full body