Purpose of this policy
Watershed takes your privacy and the protection of your personal data seriously and acts in accordance with all data protection legislation including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This privacy notice explains how personal information is collected, used, stored and disclosed by Watershed when you apply for the Watershed and MAYK Winter Residencies programme.
Who is collecting your information
The Pervasive Media Studio is managed by Watershed. Watershed manages all personal information submitted through the application process.
To facilitate the recruitment process, your data will be shared (using secure methods) with MAYK, who are co-delivering the residency programme with Watershed.
MAYK and Watershed will both act as data controllers.
Why we’re collecting your information and how we’ll use it
- We’re collecting your information in order to assess your application for the Watershed & MAYK Winter Residencies. We’re using the information you provide to manage the selection process.
- We are processing this under the legal basis of legitimate interest.
- The information you submit is only used for this purpose.
- We’ll use your contact details to get in touch with you about whether you have been successful or not.
How we keep your information safe
Ensuring your data is secure is important to us:
- we have restricted access controls
- third party system data processing agreements
- robust data security and deletion processes to ensure your personal information is kept secure.
Storage of your information
Unless you object, the information contained in your application is kept for 6 months, after which time it is destroyed.
If you are successful in your application, this information will be kept for the lifetime of the programme.
- You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- Your right to request a copy of the information you have submitted
- Your right to get your personal information corrected or deleted
- Your right to limit how Watershed uses your data
- The right to object to the use of your data
- Your right to raise a concern
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, The Information Commissioner’s Office – www.ico.org.uk
Who to contact
If you have queries about how your data is being used, please contact Head of Data and Operations via post, email or telephone
1 Canons Road
Bristol BS1 5TX
Telephone: 0117 927 6444