As part of our Ale Celebration (Mon 4 Sept - Sun 29 Oct) we've asked some of our favourite local brewers (Stroud Brewery, Dawkins Ales, Butcombe and Bath Ales) to takeover all five of our ale taps in week-long Tap Takeovers.
First up we welcome our friends at Stroud Brewery, who will be taking over our taps from Mon 11 - Sun 17 Sept. They have crafted a range of beers made with barley grown on the surrounding Cotswolds hills and malted by Warminster Maltings in Wiltshire, Britain's oldest working traditional floor maltings. What's more, all of the ales we'll be offering are organic - perfect timing as it's also Organic Month!
The Stroud Tap Takeover selection includes:
- Budding (4.5%, organic) - with a grassy bitterness, sweet malt and luscious floral aroma, this is their biggest selling beer
- Tom Long (3.8%, organic) - an amber session beer with spicy citrus aroma
- Alederflower (4.9%, organic, unfined, and vegan) - a subtle elderflower infused pale ale with organic Cascade and Nelson Sauvin hops
- Lemon Session (3.8%, organic, unfined, and vegan) - a refreshing summer pale ale with a light natural haze and sherbet lemon aroma
- Big Cat (4.5%, organic, unfined, and vegan) - an easy drinking stout with plenty of complex fruity, dark malt flavours